The process of running check-in through Your ChMS allows for automatically capturing attendance and printing labels for identification and/or security. Varying numbers of attender and guardian labels can be configured based on the organization's needs. These preferences are primarily set in the Group settings, complemented by the Station Settings, and then dynamically altered at the time of Check-In.
As a general guideline, typical security protocols for checking in children includes at least two labels, one for the child and one for the parent/guardian. If the system is used for security, the unique matching code on each label should be manually compared when the child is picked up.
- Brother QL-700 / QL-710W / QL-720NW
- Brother QL-800 / QL-810W / QL-820NWB
- Dymo 450
- Citizen CMP-30LBTIU (Bluetooth)
- GoDex DT4 and DT4x
** Brother wireless printers are highly recommended since they can be used with the iOS Check-in app.
A requirement for Brother printers is the continuous length label roll item number DK-2205. **
A walk through guide to setting up and running check-in is below.
The Group and Check-In Station settings work hand in hand to create your customized label printing experience.
Printer Hardware Setup
Your ChMS offers flexibility in printer hardware options. Review the list at the top for supported models.
Guidance on potential issues with getting your Check-In labels to print consistently.
Additional Check-In Features
Features and methods to make the Check-In experience fast and secure is our number one goal. There may be one that can take your experience to the next level below!
- In Your ChMS, navigate to: Settings > Check-in.
- Add the check-in stations you'll be using. You'll need one station per label printer that you plan on using. Even if you will just be using one printer, but in different places at different times, create a station for each of those unique places. This way, the record will accurately reflect where the child was checked-in.
- Click the station name to customize its settings. (Ex. label logo, guardian receipt notes, extra default labels, etc.)
- Go to the Groups page. For each of the groups you wish to use with Check-in, click Edit, and check the "Use For Checkin?" box. Then Save.
- You can edit the number of default labels that print with each check-in for a specific Group or a specific Check-In Station. Review the 'Label Settings Grid' article above for more information.
- Ensure that Java is installed on ALL computers (PC/Mac) that will run Check-In from the browser.
- Install the Drivers on these same computers. Links to the drivers can be found above.
- Under Permissions, assign the 'Run Check-in' permission to the roles that will need to access Check-in.
- If you wish to be able to SMS parents, ensure that you have enabled your SMS integration in the Settings > Services area.
Launching Browser Check-In
- In Your ChMS, navigate to: Attendance > Check-in.
- Choose the Check-in Station by the name on the left or open in Kiosk Mode.
- Follow the 'FIRST...' prompt to download the Label Printer application and save it to the computer.
- Once downloaded, run the label application.
- Choose the printer for the device and click 'Set Printer', select the same station as Step 2, then select 'Set Station'.
- Leave the Java application open an find the browser window again.
- Select 'Continue To Check-In' to begin taking attendance.
NOTE: The steps to launch browser Check-In need to be repeated every time. Close the Java application at the end of Check-In once labels are not needing to be printed anymore.
Mark As Attended
- First, search for the parent or guardian who is checking in the child using a partial first or last name, last four digits of a phone number, or through one of our additional search features (The search filter features are determined by your station settings). Hit Tab or click the name to select it.
Note: In order to be able to SMS alert parents from the Status report, the guardian MUST be the first name searched for. The guardian must also have a mobile number listed in their profile for the software to use.
- The software will present the linked family members available to Check-In.
- For each person being checked in, verify the Smart Check-In search has the right Group(s) or select 'Choose Group'. From the modal, choose the group he/she is being checked into.
- To finalize the selections and process the Check-In, click Submit.
Alternate search terms: check-in, checkin, labels, printer